- 2022-10 to present
- warm white
- UI/UX design
Machinist's Edge is a collection of calculators and charts created for the RISD Industrial Design Metal Shop's CNC milling machine. These tools improve the operation experience and reduce calculation errors.Visit Machinist's Edge
User interviews determined that the following four tools would greatly improve operator efficiency, reduce errors, and improve overall safety:
- Feed Rate Calculator
- Calculates the spindle speed and feed rate for a specific end mill performing either a drill or mill operation on a certain material. End mill profiles can be saved.
- Tool Length Calculator
- Calculates various lengths of a tool based on provided measurements. Tool profiles can be saved.
- G- & M-code Charts
- Searchable charts containing descriptions of common and shop-specific G- and M-codes for cross-checking and troubleshooting.
- Tap & Clearance Drill Sizes
- Searchable chart containing tap/drill and clearance hole diameters for different screw sizes.