Machinist's Edge is a collection of calculators and charts created for the RISD Industrial Design Metal Shop's CNC milling machine. These tools improve the operation experience and reduce calculation errors.Visit Machinist's Edge
- 2022-10 to present
- warm white
- UI/UX design
User interviews determined that the following four tools would greatly improve operator efficiency, reduce errors, and improve overall safety:
- Feed Rate Calculator
- Calculates the spindle speed and feed rate for a specific end mill performing either a drill or mill operation on a certain material. End mill profiles can be saved.
- Tool Length Calculator
- Calculates various lengths of a tool based on provided measurements. Tool profiles can be saved.
- G- & M-code Charts
- Searchable charts containing descriptions of common and shop-specific G- and M-codes for cross-checking and troubleshooting.
- Tap & Clearance Drill Sizes
- Searchable chart containing tap/drill and clearance hole diameters for different screw sizes.